Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday..

My Saturday's are usually filled with the craziness of having 4 kids, a home, yard, etc. It almost always involves running from one field to another, to mowing ht elawn, working in the garden, cleaning the pool..laundry, cleaning..all that fun stuff!  As of late, it is also my MTX day.   While I was just whipping up a gourmet (yes, I cook gourmet! (: ), omelet for myself and Steve to share, I suddenly realized that it was an MTX day.  My heart got a little heavy, because I know that the next two days are so are going to be awful!  As awful as I think they are going to be, I know it could be worse.  I am not going to talk too much in detail of the struggles my family has been faced with very recently, but I will share this; About a week ago we were all shocked with a breast cancer diagnosis that my mother received.  It has taken some time for us all to process this.  I will not share in detail all that is going on, as my mother is a very private woman, but I will say that we, as a family, (me, my family, my sisters and brother, and their familites) are in this together. We are all moving forward, and preparing to fight the fight of a lifetime, with my mother, for my mother and we know this cancer does not stand a chance!

SO, MTX day or not. I am going to tackle the things that I need to get done, and I am going to smile about it.  I am going to have a BBQ with some family, and I'm going to laugh and cherish the time.  Tomorrow may be a bad day, and the coming weeks there may be some struggles, but all we have is today, so live it up, love those around you, and as always, be well!

-MB
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment