Tuesday, August 13, 2013

10 years ago..

......at just about this very moment, I called my mother.  I was 33weeks 6 days pregnant with identical girl twins.  I told her " I just feel funny, I don't think this is it, I just think something is up"..all this after being home for about a week, after being in between Winchester Hospital, and Beth Israel Hospital, on bed rest from the time I was 19 weeks pregnant.  I spent roughly 17 weeks, in bed..fighting for these two little miracles to make it into the world.  I just "knew" it was nothing...I called my sister Shannon, who came to sit with my boys while I went to the hospital to get checked out.  I even told her "I'm just getting checked, I will be back in a couple hours!"...Little did I know, I was just about 10 centimeters and these girls were far more than ready to make their arrival.  That night my life changed forever!!!  Isabella Anne was born at 12:56 AM, and Grace Marie was born at 1:01 am, on August 14th, 2003.

 
I was sitting around tonight, not feeling my best, looking at old pictures, and of course saying how much I can not believe the last 10 years have flown by!! 

Today was a tough day, filled with a lot of pain...but also with lots to do, so I can't let RA stop me.  I had my first round of post MTX bloodwork done, and all of my levels were perfect.  I put a phone call into my doctor, and she has decided to increase a couple of my medications.  I am really hoping in the next couple weeks to get things under control, because I have some "training" to do!  My sisters and I are all registered to participate in this years Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure in September.  I know it's probably not a feasible goal for me, but it's just that - a goal.  I know I can sit and hold my mothers hand, and be there for her as we all go through this together.  But I have set a goal to get out there and DO SOMETHING!   I'm going to run the 5 k, and I am going to raise some money, and together, me and my sisters are going to make a difference. 


Please feel free to visit my personal page, and make a donation!  I greatly appreciate any, and all support! :)
http://www.komenmassrace.org/2013/iammaribeth

Off to finish planning a double 10th birthday celebration!

Be Well,
MB

No comments:

Post a Comment