Friday, July 12, 2013

There is something to be said...

...about being a good friend. Being a friend isn't about looking to be recognized for your behavior, it's about knowing when and how to be there, even when someone doesn't ask you to be.  So it may sound like I am looking for recognition, and I am not, it's just that I constantly find myself going out of my way to maintain some friendships, and to be honest, it is quite exhausting!  I try, try, try, only to realize that I am the only one trying.  A one sided friendship is anything but that, and I think I am a damn good friend, so consider yourself lucky to have me on your side, and in your life! I think there comes a time, for everyone, when you take a look around, realize who your true friends are, and just let the rest all go. 

be well!
MB

“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.”
Muhammad Ali

2 comments:

  1. I know you said you aren't looking for validation, but I'm gonna give it to you anyways. =P You. are. a. great. friend. And anyone who doesn't know that doesn't deserve you. <3

    ReplyDelete