Friday, July 19, 2013

Doctor update....

My new doctor was wonderful!  She spent 1 hour and 10 minutes in the exam room with me.  She answered every single question, did a thorough examination, and talked long winded about the many options I have.  She gave me HOPE!  Hope that I will not be living in pain for the rest of my life.  It's a long road, but I am going to get there! 

Chemotherapy - .....not just for Cancer Treatments!  Seriously!  I always thought it was strictly a cancer drug, but have learned otherwise as of late, and I start on Sunday!  Yes, you read it correct, I will start a new medication, called Methotrexate , which is one of the most effective drugs used today, to treat inflammatory arthritis! Click the link, it gives great information about the drug, how it works, how it is dosed, etc.  I am a little anxious about starting it, as it does come with all the side effects, but hopefully they are short lived..(usually the day after you take your dose)...and hopefully I start feeling like me again sooner, than later!

Thank you everyone, for well wishes, and support!

Until next time, be well!
mb 

No comments:

Post a Comment