Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rheumy Visit...

I saw my dr today.  I really do love her, despite the fact that her staff is made up of idiots.  She spent a good amount of time with me.  Frustrating little tidbit of information, all of my bloodwork came back perfect yet again, so MTX isn't causing any ill side effects that would warrant stopping it.  One of the things they test is your inflammation level, and my level was < 1 .  That's less than one!  I can't even imagine how a person must feel if their level comes back at greater than one! Because I was climbing the walls, restless and in so much pain, at that low level.  I just can't even imagine!
Rheumy was happy to hear  and I was happy to be able to report that I have gotten some relief after last week...pain on a scale of 1-10 at a 4 today , when just days ago it was at a 35!  (no joke, it was awful!) 

We have decided to higher the dose of one of the RA drugs I am on(sulfasalazine), keep the MTX where it is, and in the next 4 weeks we will be adding in a Biologic - all while slowly tapering off the steroid..which I can't wait to be off of!  She just wants to give me a couple more weeks to have the MTX build up and be closer to therapeutic.  Biologics come in two forms, either a self administered injection, similar to the MTX injection I am currently on, or an infusion via an IV, which would take place in the doctors office.   There is no "if' with this, this is happening.  I am very happy to continue to be aggressively treating this, and though I had some tough times last week - I do still have hope to get this disease into remission!  I'm too stubborn to give up just yet!  :)

be well,
mb

No comments:

Post a Comment