Sunday, December 29, 2013

Oh Stella, you are definitely meant to be in this family!!!

Yesterday while visiting family, our little Stella was out playing with the kids when she slid on some snow, fell over and then proceeded to not be able to walk!  I was able to touch/rub/check all of her, and it appeared nothing was  wrong, but it was as if her right front leg was out of its socket or something but there was no crying, nothing, unless she tried to walk.  Steve and I took her to the vet ER  (yes, they have them!!) close to my sister in laws house, where I had visions of humongous vet bills, doggy surgery, broken legs, etc. and after an hour wait (nap for Stella!) I brought Stella out to pee, placed her in the grass fully prepared to hold her up if need be- and she was able to both stand up, and walk with a slight limp.   We waited to see the dr and just be sure all was ok.  The dr says it was quite possible that her shoulder could have came partially out of her socket, and we could've  popped it back in when we checked her out ourselves.  


Steve and I laughed after, we were like two parents of a brand new baby.  I almost felt foolish for bringing her in, but with three devastated kids left back at my sister in laws, there was no way we weren't getting her checked!  Thankfully, all is ok, and Stella is supposed to " take it easy" the next couple of days! 



Here is a pic of Stella, lazily napping in the puppy ER!  


Proven yesterday, Stella belongs in this family, with a visit to the ER in her first 10 weeks of life! ;)

2 comments: